Subject: Re: Creating more then 8 partitions
To: None <dante@neomedia.it>
From: Hacksaw <hacksaw@venus.gsd.harvard.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/09/1996 21:57:41
>If I cannot create a new partition, may I reuse the 'd' partition which it does seem to be
>the same as the 'c'
>partition?
>
>   c:  2104136        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 4825)
>   d:  2104136        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 4825)

No. As far as the kernel is concerned, 'd' refers to the entire
physical disk that it is allowed to manipulate, and 'c' refers to to
the part of the disk you told the BIOS you were using for NetBSD.

Is the disk so large that you can't have larger partitions? I have a
2G disk with only 2 partitions and swap, with the usr partion being
1.92G, and the fragment size is 1024 bytes, which is pretty
reasonable.
--
Hacksaw