Subject: sgetsave where is this defined?
To: 'netbsd-help' <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <johnam@datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/09/1996 17:57:55
I am modifying the ftpd server code to all an auxiliary password file =
for just ftp access.

So far so good.  However in ftpd.c there is a function used by the name =
of sgetsave.  I greped for it, in the ftpd directory, and could find no =
other definition of it.  I looked in the man pages, nothing.  I looked =
in some C books and could find no reference.  I did a ...
grep sgetsave `find /usr/src/ -print "*" -name`
but the only references I found where in ftpd.

So what is it?

It is defined at the top of ftpd.c as...
static char   *sgetsave __P((char *));

I'm not familiar with how __P() works, so how do I get more inf.?

So I'm assuming some system wide function.  Is it undocumented?

jam