Subject: Re: Documentation for demand-dial ppp?
To: Robert Kennedy <robert@cs.stanford.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/09/1996 15:00:10
On Tue, 9 Jul 1996 12:46:05 -0700
 Robert Kennedy <robert@Theory.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

 > It was said recently on a netbsd mailing list that NetBSD supports
 > depend-dialed PPP.
 >
 > Which version of NetBSD?

It was checked into -current some months ago.  The 1.2 release will have
it.  The source available on ftp.NetBSD.ORG in the -current area is
currently tracking the 1.2 release branch until release.

 > Is there other software I have to get, or is demand-dialed PPP
 > included in the NetBSD distribution?
 > Where can I read about how to use it?

The pppd(8) manual page is a good place to start.  It describes the pppd
options in pretty good detail.

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --