Subject: Re: CERN httpd
To: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@vortex.del.ufrj.br>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/30/1996 09:03:27
On Jun 29,  8:23pm, Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:
} I am running NetBSD-1.1 i386 with GCC 2.4.5 and I'm trying to build
} CERN httpd.  Actually I have already built it but it is not running OK.

I've run NCSA httpd v1.5a on a similar system with no problem, but not
the CERN version.  On the other hand, I've found out about "wn", a web
server package from Northwestern University, which has some terrific
features (smaller, better, faster).  I submitted some trivial patches
to have it build under NetBSD.  See: http://hopf.math.nwu.edu/

One of wn's cool features is virtual hosting, so you can have multiple
IP addresses or DNS host names served from the same box out of
different directory trees.  It's also chock full of search and index
widgets.  And, it's covered by the GPL, i.e., free.
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"