Subject: CERN httpd
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@vortex.del.ufrj.br>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/29/1996 20:23:45
Hello, all.

I am running NetBSD-1.1 i386 with GCC 2.4.5 and I'm trying to build
CERN httpd.  Actually I have already built it but it is not running OK.

The problem is that I run it as a stand-alone daemon and, when forking
for serving each page element, some of the children die with a core dump
and the result is an incomplete browser output (sometimes even the main
document doesn't come).

I've talked to people who have built and used it on other platforms with
no problems and one of these friends suggested checking gcc version.
Can it be a problem of gcc or in the kernel?  Has anyone successfully
been through it?

Please, let me know how to solve this.

Best regards.
	Pappires