Subject: Re: Intel endeavor and Powerbook questions...
To: None <marco@server.berkeley.edu>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/28/1996 10:40:02
>From: "Marco E. Nicosia" <marco@server.berkeley.edu>
>Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 11:37:26 -0700 (PDT)

>Currently it looks like the Intel Endeavor motherboard, with built-in
>Sound Blaster is the most inexpensive route for me to get what I want...
>Does NetBSD currently have support for both the MB and the Sound Blaster?
>(Anyone have any experience that the Endeavor is a big no-no anyways?)

Dunno about the motherboard.

SB on the motherboard means it's a clone.  Whether the driver supports
it or not depends on which version of the SB was cloned, and how good
a job the cloner did.

>Also, I've been wanting a portable *BSD platform for a long time, and the
>m68K-based Apple powerbooks are getting REALLY inexpensive.

Have SPARC portables dropped to a reasonable price point yet?
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>