Subject: Re: Intel endeavor and Powerbook questions...
To: Marco E. Nicosia <marco@server.berkeley.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/27/1996 22:58:00
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Marco E. Nicosia wrote:

> Also, I've been wanting a portable *BSD platform for a long time, and the
> m68K-based Apple powerbooks are getting REALLY inexpensive. I checked out
> the MacBSD WWW page, but I didn't see any mention of Powerbooks - does that
> mean nobody's been silly enough to give it a try?

On the contrary.  Several things have made Powerbooks little more than a
fun toy, to date; 040 support was lacking, and video and ADB (keyboard,
mouse) support has been virtually nonexistant.  I'm not entirely sure that
this is still the case for all models -- the PB540 and 550 might now work,
at least to some extent -- but the majority are still limited to serial
console.

There is active working to rectify all of the above problems, but I can
say with a certain (small) amount of authority that this won't happen
before the imminent 1.2 release. :-/

--scott