Subject: Re: freebsd emulation
To: John M Vinopal <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
From: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/26/1996 16:17:30
John M Vinopal writes:

> how is it one runs non-static freebsd binaries?
>
> first it can't find the information:
> ./irc-2.8.2
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: irc-2.8.2: libtermcap.so.2.1: No such file or directory
>
> then once I've added it with ldconfig, it complains:
> ./irc-2.8.2
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: irc-2.8.2: libtermcap.so.2.1: Inappropriate file type or format
>
> whats up?  can I put these into /emul/FreeBSD and have it work better?
> Give me a hand with this and I'll write a starting COMPAT_FREEBSD man page.

Ok, first of all, I haven't run FreeBSD binaries in emulation, but this is
what works for the Linux ones...

install the shared libs relative to /emul/FreeBSD.  do a chroot to
/emul/FreeBSD.  ldconfig there to make the cache for the FreeBSD emulation.

exit the chroot shell, and try running it.  Good luck

Mark