Subject: Re: SCSI error code 0, 64, 67, 70
To: Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
From: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/1996 13:03:33
Brian Tao writes:

>     Starting today, I've been seeing SCSI errors reported in the
> syslog.  Neither the hardware nor the software has changed on this
> server since late January, to install a then-current snapshot of 1.1
> for i386.
<...>
> because of a physical move, power outage, or intentional reboot.  The
> drive in question (sd4 on the second controller) and the rest of the
> bus it is on passes a visual inspection.  I attached the replacement
> drive on the first controller and attempted to newfs and mount it (it
> was fdisk'd on a FreeBSD machine).

So, did you add a new drive or no?  I'm confused that you say that no
hardware has changed, but you're putting in a new drive.

My advice is to check for SCSI ID conflicts, termination, etc.  Then, fdisk
it on a NetBSD machine, and try to set it up from that point.  The
disklabel may be different.  Possibly, the fact that the fs on NetBSD is
64-bit may cause a problem.  (random guess)

Mark