Subject: Re: nfs mount/umount
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@hotdog.ping.apana.org.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/06/1996 16:47:25
> The problem now is, when returning the Sun into service, it will try
> to nfs-mount the directories - which the server believes havn't been
> umounted from the previous session and mountd on the nfs-server dies.
>
> I can't get the X-Terminal up and running unless I reboot the
> nfs-server. What do I need to do in order to reboot the X-Terminal
> without rebooting the nfs-server?

I'd suggest compiling mountd with debugging, running gdb on it (via
gdb's 'attach' command), and then doing whatever it is that you do
that causes it to crash...

If you do that, and tell us (or me 8-) what the traceback is, it'll
probably be much easier to debug.  Or, you could debug it yourself.
8-)

chris