Subject: ppp parameters ?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/05/1996 15:49:07
Well I've got pppd to add an arp, (proxyarp), add routes, ping
from the ppp-server to the client and the other way round.

I can view the ppp-clients fake arp address from another
net-client on the ethernet (it's the same as the ppp-servers arp) but
I can't ping from the net-client to the ppp-client, nor can I ping
from the ppp-client to the net-client.

the parameters which I use are:
pppd passive proxyarp ppp-serveripaddress:ppp-clientipaddress
the options file contains the correct netmask for my network.
netstat -r shows me the route to my ppp-client goes via the
ppp-device.

How can I enable the ppp-client to access machines other
than the ppp-server ? Do I NEED gated or is there a parameter
for pppd that I've missed.

Cheerio
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"