Subject: Adding Drives to NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tank <Tank@pg.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/28/1996 19:00:45
Greets all-

This will be a dumb question, I know, but I can't seem to get it right.

I am trying to add a disk to NetBSD... The drive appears during the boot as
sd1... I have done

        /dev/MAKEDEV sd1

and the device files exist in the /dev directory.... however, I cannot

        fdisk /dev/sd1

nor can I

        fdisk /dev/sd1a

I attempted to look at the format(8) man pages, but they do not exist....
I need to format this drive, and add it's space to /var

Any help is appreciated.

TNX

Tank (SPM)                 Sean P. McNamara
                           The Planet Group, Inc.
Tank@PG.NET                Design, Communications, and Technology
                           Voice: (312) 772-8333
                           Fax:   (312) 772-9214