Subject: Ether Trouble on i386 installation
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tank <Tank@pg.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/25/1996 09:41:16
Greets All-

I'm having some trouble with an i386 NetBSD 1.1 installation and am hoping
someone can help...

We have a 3COM 3C509B Ethernet card on this machine... On BIOS startup, it
detects and identifies the card fine, however on NetBSD's installation
boot, it detects

ie0: Unknown AT&T Type card...

there is also a listing for ep0 (This is an ether interface too?)

This causes a problem, as I can't ifconfig the interface... I always recieve the
SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured error....

This card is listed on the supported hardware list.... Any ideas on how to
fix this?

Tnx

Tank (SPM)                 Sean P. McNamara
                           The Planet Group, Inc.
Tank@PG.NET                Design, Communications, and Technology
                           Voice: (312) 772-8333
                           Fax:   (312) 772-9214