Subject: Re: sendmail.cf
To: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/22/1996 15:04:58
>Well, since most people have a rather simple setup, it's probably a good idea
>to first try to see what you can get with the m4 macros and only if you
>find them too limiting, you can try and hack on sendmail.cf.
>And if sendmail.cf ends up being too limiting, go for hacking on the source.

Actually, I never hack the sendmail.cf file directly anymore.  I write
m4 stuff to do things like add new rules or mailers.  It's great for when
you upgrade sendmail - you get new features of the config files automatically.

(But this doesn't have much to do about NetBSD anymore - maybe we should
take it off-line?)

--Ken