Subject: Re: identd under 1.1
To: John M Vinopal <banshee@ns.cooltech.com>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/1996 16:08:15
> I notice that identd processes seem to hang fairly often and chew
> tons of cpu.  Is this a known bug in 1.1 identd?

Yes, this was mentioned a few weeks ago in the lists,
I persoanally experienced that identd failed to work
after some kernel (and presumably lib) changes, recompiling
(and shooting it in the leg)
made it work fine again. So maybe you should try
recompiling kernel, libs, and inetd to current instead.

Cheerio
	Andrew

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"