Subject: Re: Connecting to an internet unix
To: Andrew S. Clapp <andrew@sedona.net>
From: Garth Corral <garthc@compass-da.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/20/1996 16:55:05
On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Andrew S. Clapp wrote:

> cslip is a program you'd have to get and compile.

You have to neither get nor compile cslip.
This is not a program to be run but a variation on the slip protocol
that incorporates VJ header compression.

The sources for this are included in the NetBSD kernel and, I believe, at
least one sl device is configured into the INSTALL kernel.  All you need
to do is establish the connection, attach the line with slattach(8) and
configure the interface with ifconfig(8).  Be sure to use the proper link
flag when configuring the interface if you want to enable header compression.

> Hope that helps.

> Andrew S. Clapp                                                 Sedona Internet
> Systems Administrator                                         andrew@sedona.net

Garth.