Subject: Re: xxgdb/development tools & Linux/NetBSD interoperatablity
To: Nathan Sheeley <nsheeley@doa.flame.org>
From: Jesus M. Gonzalez <jgb@gsyc.inf.uc3m.es>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/20/1996 11:43:05
Nathan Sheeley writes:

 > I recently was introduced to the wonderful world of programming
 > debugging tools, using the CaseVision Workshop of SGI.  Now I realize
 > it is unlikely there is anything this polished for NetBSD, I wanted to
 > try the X interface to gdb, but although it compiles with no warnings,
 > when I run it, it just exit, without even drawing a window when I place
 > it.  Any ideas/site where I can get a binary?

	Try DDD. It's a graphical user interface for gdb.
I find it quite interesting, specially the data display window.
You can run the Linux or FreeBSD binaries with NetBSD/i386
(I'm using the FreeBSD version).

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona         | addr.:  c/ Butarque, 15
Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones |         28911 Leganes, Spain