Subject: Where is that kernel?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Beach <beachs@kpmg.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/20/1996 02:10:41
I've been reading all I can find for a week but no luck identifying the cause
of my problem. Maybe someone out there knows what I've done wrong.
I've installed 1.1 on an 80Mb drive like this:
sd3 at SCSI ID  4
sd3a: Root "A/UX Root" 60 Mb
sd3b: Swap "Swap" 20 Mb
and about 2 Mb Mac partition to boot from.
 I think I've got it all in the right place but the Booter 1.8 says it can't
find the kernel. If I use the shell in the installer and ask to see the
directory, it looks like stuff is there. I get this same error with the drive
on either my Mac IIx 8Mb RAM or LCII (accelerated to 33Mhz and with FPU) 10
Mb RAM or when made SCSI 0 on the IIx.
Thanks.
My apologies in advance if this is a RTFM question.
- Scott Beach, Toronto
sbeach@kpmg.ca
douglas_beach@magic.ca

It's leap year. Watch what you leap on.