Subject: Re: Need help: Buslogic BT747C
To: Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@punk.hedgehog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/1996 23:12:37
Verily did Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO write:

>   I'm installing NetBSD on EISA (Asus PCI/E-P5MP4) motherboard with
> Buslogic BT747C. Everytime newfs is done during the installing script, the
> superblocks are broken. When I installed on the same SCSI disk with another
> ISA machine, the data were correct and bootable on the EISA machine.
> However, after booting, any disk write failed causing "PARTIALLY ALLOCATED
> INODE I=.." and so on.
> The disk was Fujitsu M2694S-512 and this phenomenon was observed whether as
> an internal disk or as an external disk.

> Something is wrong in setting BT747C.

Have you tried another disk?

I have a BT747C and haven't had any problems at all, using IBM DPES-31080,
Conner CFP1080S, Conner CFP2107S, and Maxtor MXT540SL (yeah, all non-wide
drives).

Next, I would verify that the Buslogic happy with the EISA bus (a-la the
EISA config utilities), verify that the controller ID is at 7, and verify
that the drive SCSI ID isn't 7.

If you find that the problem is the SCSI ID not being 7, send a pr in.
A wide controller should be allowed to use any ID up to 15.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@pobox.com      Life: Rob@Sunnyvale.California.USA.Earth
"Da Web": http://pobox.com/~windsor/

"Ain't much distance 'tween a pat on the back and a kick in the pants."
    -- David Lee Roth (1990), `The Dogtown Shuffle'