Subject: Re: mount_cd9660
To: Graham Booker <bookerg@LAHS.LosAlamos.K12.nm.us>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/29/1996 09:49:32
> I seem to have trouble with the 1.1 version of NetBSD when i try to mount
> the cdrom.  I made the cd devise and i know that it is right because i
> can see the cdrom access light changing color.  The problem i am having
> is that mount_cd9660 doesn't seem to work even when the cd in the drive
> is an ISO-9660 cd.  thanks for you help

Do you get any sort of error from the command?  It would help to know:
	* what command you are issuing
	* what output you get back
	* [possibly irrelevant] which port of NetBSD you're using
	* [if applicable] what interface the CD-ROM is on (SCSI (which
	  card)? if ix86, IDE (which controller)?), etc.

The command that works for me on NetBSD/mac68k (SCSI CD-ROM) is:

# mkdir /cdrom
# mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom

-allen

--