Subject: Device not configured
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaime Kikpole <jk7023@cnsvax.albany.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/1996 14:00:04
        I set up "com2" in my /etc/phones.  Both "tip com2" and "cu -l
/dev/tty01" give me the twin errors of "Device not configured" and "Line in
use".  Any ideas?

        I had thought that I compiled this device into my kernel, but if
someone tells me the lines that I should look for (and which files they are
in) I'll double check.  Other than that, I couldn't think of anything that
would cause this.  The modem is connected to what MS-DOS would call the
COM2 port, and is a 2400bps, external modem.

        All help welcome.

                                                                Thanks,
                                                                Jaime