Subject: Re: YP
To: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch>
From: Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/1996 23:02:47
On Fri, 26 Jan 1996, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> How should I configure YP for it work ?
> I've made the /var/yp directory, I have a /etc/defaultdomain file.
> ypbind is correctly started at boot-time and I can even do a "ypcat passwd"
> and get the correct content of the passwd file.
> But my NetBSD machine insists on not using the YP service for /etc/group and
> for /etc/passwd.
>
> Any idea ?

You need to add "+" entries to the bottom of these files for NetBSD to
search YP if it can't find the answer in the /etc files.  I think just
"+" will work in /etc/group, but in /etc/passwd, you'll probably have to
use vipw, and add : characters after the + so it thinks there are the
right number of fields in the database...

     Jake Hamby                         |   E-Mail:  jehamby@lightside.com
  Student, Cal Poly University, Pomona  |   System Administrator, JPL