Subject: Re: reboot problem
To: George E. Navas <navas@bayarea.net>
From: Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley14.res.iastate.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/24/1996 03:03:35

>I was wondering if anybody can shed some light on this problem. We
>currently have a pentium PCI/I-P54TP4 with the asus bios running Netbsd 1.0.
>It appears that the system is unable to perform a soft reboot. We have
>upgraded our bios to release 111, but the problem is still there.
>
>Has anybody encountered/corrected the above reboot problem. Is this a
>problem that perhaps is  fixed in Netbsd 1.1 ?

yes, i have encountered this problem too.  my board is a asus sp3g though.
this problem existed in 1.0, and still exists in 1.1 unfortunately.  i
might add that it was fixed for a period of time during 1.0a though.
somewhere around last april/may i think it was.  i am getting _REAL_ sick
of this.. but there seems nothing i can do. :(

are you using a 3c509 by any chance?

-chris