Subject: Anyone get Kermit 189 working?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey L. Bromberger <jeffb@ilx.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/23/1996 17:52:40
I'm working on getting Kermit version 189 working on a Pentium based
NetBSD system.  It compiles more or less cleanly provided you give it the
4.4BSD flags.  Just two things bomb...

First is the SUID stuff.  The program is SUID to UUCP so it can control
the modem port.  It seems that this code is not working well - it always
fails.  There *is* a test suite that checks for the SUID stuff.  I tried
all the different combinations and nothing seems to fly.

Next is when I actually use the serial port.  Seems to bind it just fine.
The lock file is created without a hitch.  Sets the right signals and
the modem comes alive.  But it just hangs at that point.

Before I break out the debugger and try to single-step my way through the
mess, I thought maybe I could ask and see if someone else has it beat.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jeffrey L. Bromberger -- Senior Systems Administrator -- ILX Systems, Inc.
jeffb@ilx.com  --  jeffrey@squid.tram.com -- +1.212.720.1024
         PGP 2.6.2 Public key available upon request