Subject: Re: SCO ELF binaries, do these work under NetBSD i386?
To: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/23/1996 00:54:48
Quoting John Maier,

> I downloaded the development library from www.willows.com.  They have
> SCO, solaris, DEC, Linux and sunos support.  The Linux requires ELF,
> which I know is not supported, but what about SCO ELF binaries?  I've
> never seen any reference to this in the NetBSD listserves.

You mean they don't support Linux ELF? Because NetBSD sure does support
running Linux ELF binaries, and has for a while now. If SCO uses ELF too
now (do they?) then it should be a small patch to make that work. If those
binaries would be different from SVR4 that is, otherwise no changes at
all would have to be made.. Although SVR4 != SVR4 in some cases,
unfortunately.

- Frank