Subject: can anyone send me a copy of fdisk (and more)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Achyutram Bhamidipaty <ram@cs.arizona.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/21/1996 16:09:24
It was going so well until I decided to
reboot my machine!  I'm running netbsd-1.1
on a i386.

I've managed to completely toast my partition
table, thus I need some way to create a new
correct table. I've tried messing around with
the pfdisk.exe program that can be run from
MS-DOS but that does not have enough flexibilty
to do what I need (plus I think there were some
errors in the initial table that I need to
re-create).

Anyway what all this amounts to is that I need
some help from some one out there.

What I need is the fdisk (netbsd-1.1 on i386
version) program (statically linked). Thats
probably easy enough but unfortunately it
probably wont be enough. I also need some way to
run it from a floppy drive (I only have one!). Since
I cannot boot netbsd to actually do anything and I
cannot mount my main disk that has all the good
stuff.

Perhaps this would work: if someone could make a
copy of the upgrade floppy and then delete some
of the other programs, like tar and awk or
anything big and then place fdisk on there that
would be great.

One complication that I dont understand right
now is that I think the programs on the upgrade
floppy have been combined into one giant program
with the "crunch" program...so thats yet another
layer of difficulty.

So  there it is. If some kind sould would be willing
to make such a beast for me I would be very thankful.
Otherwise I think my alternative is to simply
re-install the whole OS!

ram@cs.arizona.edu
-Ram