Subject: Re: LFS again
To: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/19/1996 12:04:41
On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Well I finally found newlfs (the name almost makes sense. If only newfs was
> called newffs). But I just can't get the thing to run for more than a few
> seconds.

Last time I looked at the LFS code (about September or October) I
discovered that it had some truly major problems.  Newlfs would attempt
to write out raw blocks that were not multiples of 512 bytes which wreak
havoc with some (most? all?) SCSI disks.  LFS needed a major overhaul,
and unless someone spent time on that, it should be considered
non-functional.

Eduardo