Subject: server refuse connection
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Baldassare Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/1996 23:22:28
I configured DNS to translate several logic names:
-------
aragorn         IN      A       192.0.1.1
www             IN      CNAME   aragorn.neomedia.it.
wwwnmit         IN      CNAME   aragorn.neomedia.it.
strider         IN      CNAME   aragorn.neomedia.it.
abc             IN      CNAME   aragorn.neomedia.it.
-------
All names are recognoized but www:
If I try from my Macintosh, 'ethernetted' to my Amiga4000/NetBSD, to telnet
to www.neomedia.it it answer that the host resufe the connection.

This is very strange, becouse all other names are goods.
If I run on NetBSD "nslookup www" it says:

Server:  aragorn.neomedia.it
Address:  192.0.1.1

Name:    aragorn.neomedia.it
Address:  192.0.1.1
Aliases:  www.neomedia.it

Both "ping www.neomedia.it" and "traceroute.neomedia.it" runned locally
works Ok. Also "telnet www" runned locally works ok.
But if I try to telnet www.neomedia.it from Mac, it says that host refuse
the connection.

This is a very strange behaviour, moreover I'm not running httpd.
I tried also to remark the www entries of /etc/services (just to make a try).

Have you got any idea about it?

--
_|\an|e_ __ dante@mbox.vol.it __