Subject: Re: XFM
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/1996 10:42:16
>Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 04:04:19 -0400
>From: jk7023@cnsvax.albany.edu (Jaime Kikpole)
>
>        Two questions.  The first one is that everytime I run xinit I need
>to type "stty sane" in the Xterm windows.  Is there any way to automate
>this?  (Some .*rc that I don't know about, perhaps?)

I put something like the code below into my .cshrc:

if ($?prompt && $TERM == "xterm")
  stty crt
endif

If your login shell is sh/pdksh/bash instead of csh, set the ENV
environment variable to something like $HOME/.shrc, and put the stty
command in that file.

If you are still running an unpatched 1.1, then the first 1.1 patch
fixes some (but not all) of the problems that require this use of
stty.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel