Subject: Re: Me again...IIcx
To: None <KPATTERSON@delta.is.tcu.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/15/1996 23:37:16
[ on a Mac IIcx ]

> I am now having a strange problem with 1.1 with the video.  During the boot-up
> process, it outputs an error that the video address is not 0, that it is
> actually 0xff000bb00 or something like that depending upon which nu-bus slot
> the video-card is in.  Also, if the card is in the first slot, when this error
> occurs, the screen prints "snow" like on a television on the wrong channel.

First of all, you might get better help from the port-mac68k mailing
list...  ;-)

I've not seen, nor ever heard of this kind of behavior.  The message
about the video address is not an error message and it's quite normal
for a machine using NuBus video.

What kind of video card do you have?  What is the exact address for the
video?  0xff000bb00 is certainly not it.  ;-)

It would also help to know what version of the booter you're using, what
the booter settings are, how much RAM you've got, and if you're in
32-bit mode with MacOS VM turned off and anything like RAMDoubler away
from the system.  Oh, and what NuBus cards you might have other than
the video (if any).

Patience!  1.1 is running on a number of IIcx's--I expect it'll run on
yours soon...

Thanks,
-allen

--