Subject: printcap flag entries?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/15/1996 17:09:06
After upgrading to 1.1 I am having trouble getting a QMS 410 laser
printer to work right.  I am using my old printcap entries, but there
seems to be some incompatibility that leads to garbage being
transfered to the printer.  Before I try to track this down further, I
thought I'd try to figure out the meanings of the flags entries to
make sure they were set properly.  My problem is that I am not sure
how to translate the numeric entries in the fc/fs/xc/xs printcap
entries into "real" entries corresponding to the symbolic names and
their capabilities.

My questions are:

1.  Which of the various header files (and which sections) actually
define the relevant numeric values?

2.  The settings I have used in the past are:

	:fc#0000374:fs#0000003:\
	:xc#0:xs#0040040:

Anyone with experience care to comment on whether these are
appropriate?

3.  I notice that I had an entry in printcap like the following:

	:ms=ixon,-imaxbel,-ixany,-ixoff,-crtscts:\

I don't remember how this got there (and I don't see any mention of ms
in the printcap man page), but any comments on whether it might be
useful/not useful are welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook