Subject: httpd (inetd or standalone?)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Baldassare Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/14/1996 22:50:05
I've got a problem with httpd.
I downloaded and installed the standalone version.
I configured DNS to respond to www.neomedia.it
If I try to access server from Arena on BSD it works fine, but If I try to
access the server from Netscape on my macintosh, Netscape tells that the
server refuses the connection.

The strange thing is that if I configure DNS to answer any other address,
such as ww.neomedia.it, or abc.neomedia.it, or whatdoyouwant.neomedia.it,
it works ok.
It doesn't want to work only with "www.neomedia.it".

Then I thougth it was due to the "standalone" side effects, so I downloaded
the inetd version, but a new problem occurred:
httpd doesn't want to run because it cannot get the port number.
The strange thing is that in /etc/service there is the port number:
www     80/tcp  http
www     80/udp  http

Why have I got these problems in the two cases?

--
_|\an|e_ __ dante@mbox.vol.it __