Subject: Re: /etc/resolv.conf conflict with something
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Baldassare Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/12/1996 23:28:01
>        Put ``lookup file bind'' in your resolv.conf.  That will solve
>the ``writing to routing socket'' problem.  Without a lookup
>directive, the lookup order is ``bind file''. I'm not sure *precisely*
>why this solves that problem, but it undoubtly has something to do
>with the fact that named isn't running at that point in the boot
>process when you ifconfig lo0.

Ok, it does work: the "File exists" messages disappeared, but the
slowed-down still remains.
My rc files are unmodified. I only enabled named in startnet and added
"xdm" as the last command of rc.local.

For example, the delay between the running of xdm and the graphic login
prompt is more than a minute, and during this delay the HD isn't operative.
How can I solve this problem?
I say again that this appear only if /etc/resolv.conf exists.

--
_|\an|e_ __ dante@mbox.vol.it __