Subject: Re: /etc/resolv.conf conflict with something
To: Baldassare Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
From: Dave Nelson <David.Nelson@alz.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/12/1996 15:20:03
Your message dated: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 16:48:24 +0100

	Put ``lookup file bind'' in your resolv.conf.  That will solve
the ``writing to routing socket'' problem.  Without a lookup
directive, the lookup order is ``bind file''. I'm not sure *precisely*
why this solves that problem, but it undoubtly has something to do
with the fact that named isn't running at that point in the boot
process when you ifconfig lo0.

/dcn