Subject: Re: /etc/resolv.conf conflict with something
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Baldassare Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/12/1996 16:48:24
>>The problem I have is that all the machine is slowed-down.

>you'd be better off posting your resolv.conf; should only be a few lines.
>
>-j

I'm running NetBSD 1.1

This is my resolv.conf:
----
search neomedia.it      ;but also "domain neomedia.it" as the same behaviour
nameserver 192.0.1.1
----

This is my /etc/hosts
----
# the localhost
127.0.0.1       local localhost.neomedia.it
# the host IP
192.0.1.1       aragorn.neomedia.it aragorn
# the Mac IP
192.0.1.2       frodo.neomedia.it frodo
----

The IPs 192.0.1.1 and 192.0.1.2 are just inevented: I don't need Internet
connection.
This server is only for internal pourpouses.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that if the resolv.conf is present
in /etc, at boot time I get theese strange lines:
starting network
writing to routing socket: File exists
add host aragorn.neomedia.it: gateway localhost: File exists
that disappeares if I remark the line
        route add $hostname localhost
in /etc/netstart.
In this case the machine still works as localhost was already added to
route, but the machine is still slooooowed-down.

--
_|\an|e_ __ dante@mbox.vol.it __