Subject: Re: sendmail errors when idle with no users
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/03/1996 11:33:22
>Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 11:26:34 +0000 (GMT)
>From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>

>>         While I'm on the subject, how do I set it up to be able to use mail
>> programs?  I'm assuming that all a NetBSD installation gives is "mail"
>> itself.  If I set up various directories, is it also set up for pine and
>> elm?
>>
>	yup - just drop in pine or elm & away you go.

Caveat: If the MUA you're installing isn't customized for NetBSD, make
sure that it's using the correct spool directory.  NetBSD uses
/var/mail, not /var/spool/mail or /usr/spool/mail as most BSD-oriented
code expects.  AFAIK, you also need dot-locking.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel