Subject: Re: problem whit my config & NetBSD 1.1
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/30/1995 15:04:11
Vincenzo Iodice (iodice@mbox.vol.it) wrote:
: Dear NetBSD Organization,
:
: last week i have download from a mirror site ftp.unit.no, a release 1.1
: of NetBSD. Well i have this problem, when i try to use the
: miniroot disk inst-11.fs the machine go on loop with this error message:
:
: Process (pid 1) got signal 10.

Thats "Bus error".

: I have see on startup if the kernel recognize correctly my system
: configuration. All is right, but when i try to use inst-11, the system go

seeing your hardware list:

: Amiga 4000/040 (Full no EC)
: A4091 SCSI-II
: Picasso-II
: Emplant DeLuxe
: 2Meg chip 12Meg fast
: 1 hd 120Meg Seagate IDE connected to mother board
: 1 hd 1.0Giga IBM SCSI-II fast connected to A4091
: 1 CD-ROM Nec CDR-211 connected to A4091
: 1 ZyXEL Elite 2864
: Serial & Parallel standard
: Kick & WorkBench 3.1
:
: I have installed previous NetBSD on my 1Gig HD and all work correctly whit
: NetBSD 1.0 generic version, the only problem is that generic version don't
: recognize Picasso-II.

... I don't totally believe this (that is, the correct recognition of
your hardware). I'm not aware any part of the emplant is supported. As it is
not handled, it could cause side effects (e.g., unhandled interupts, or being
mistaken for something else). I suggest you

- try to boot netbsd without the emplant being initialized (e.g.,
	without startup-sequence).

- try to boot after gently pulling it out

If this does NOT help, please photograph, learn by heart and type in, or
whatever the results of the configuration process, and add them to your report,
and a "showconfig" and an "avail" output. Maybe there IS something fishy
with the Picasso support, who knows? But in that case we need all the
information, e.g. how much memory picasso, etc.

I also suggest you ask (after trying the above) on the "amiga"-list, as
this is clearly a machine specific problem.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis