Subject: CD-ROM Woas Still...
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@gotham.accurate-automation.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/29/1995 22:40:00
   Ok this is getting a little tiring,

   I'm still running 1.0 i386 (I'm planning on upgrading soon).
   I have a Sony 76S CDROM (which is supposed to be SCSI-2 compliant but...)
   which is attached to a BusLogic 445C controller.

   I compiled xcdplayer and get these error messages...

   When it starts...

   ioctl(cdromvolctrl): Invalid argument

   When I press play...

   ioctl(cdromplaymsftrk): Invalid argument

      and it runs up through all the tracks on this cd.

   I borrowed the freebsd cdrom_freebsd.c and cdrom_freebsd.h code and
   modified it as such...

Lines 31:
#define MSF_MINUTES 1
#define MSF_SECODS 2
#define MSF_FRAMES 3

Line 357 in cdrom_get_msf:
msf->minute = data.addr[MSF_MINUTES];
msf->second = data.addr[MSF_SECONDS];
msf->frame = data.addr[MSF_FRAMES];

Line 379 in cdrom_get_curmsf:
msf->minute = data.what.position.absaddr[MSF_MINUTES];
msf->second = data.what.position.absaddr[MSF_SECONDS];
msf->frame = data.what.position.absaddr[MSF_FRAMES];

   I have never used ioctl calls before so I don't fully understand how
   to control the cdrom.  I've have worked on this (off and on) for some
   time now (just to play some stupid music) and I havn't made much
   progress.

   Someone posted some simple code to start a cdrom player, but I missed it :(
   If anyone has it could you please send me a copy?

   Well, I know a lot of you may be upgrading at the moment and may not
   be able to help right now, but any help would be great.

   Thanks,

   Brad

--
-| bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com |----------------------------------