Subject: Re: mount -t msdos does not work during 1.1 upgrade
To: None <jbw@omni.voicenet.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/29/1995 13:24:05
>Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 08:40:35 -0500 (EST)
>From: "J. Brian Waters" <jbw@omni.voicenet.com>
>
>I am trying to upgrade a laptop to 1.1,  since downloading under NetBSD
>give too many silo overflows,  I downloaded the binaries to a small DOS
>parition.  This was mountable under 1.0,   under 1.1 I get the error
>message 'msdos: mount: Device not configured'  so how do I configure it?
>
>Why does a mount that worked under 1.0 fail under 1.1??

If you are still using one of the INSTALL kernels, then msdosfs won't
work because it's not compiled into the kernel.  Boot with the
appropriate GENERIC kernel for your system and try again.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));