Subject: cdrom question
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/17/1995 16:22:17
Hi,

  Perhaps someone can protect me from purchasing a cdrom drive that can
not be used with NetBSD.  The two cdrom drives that I am interested in
are both manufactured by NEC and are quad speed types.  One is IDE
(EIDE?) and can internally support 4 cds the second is SCSI and can
internally 7 cds.  I guess my questions are:

  * can they be used with netbsd?
  * can one switch between disks?  If it has to be done with those
    buttons on the front that is fine.

  Either drive look like great devices and I should be happy with them
under Windows or such but I want to make certain that the investment
also is usable under NetBSD.  I was not certain if NetBSD supported IDE
cdrom drives however I am partial to the SCSI type simply to make use of
this expensive SCSI adaptor...

  Thanks for the help!

---
Kent Vander Velden