Subject: Re: Need boot floppy to mount HD!
To: Alicia da Conceicao <amail@dolphin.eric.on.ca>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/09/1995 22:18:49
On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, Alicia da Conceicao wrote:

> Greetings NetBSDers!  Is there anyway that I can get NetBSD boot floppy(s),
> that will let me mount an existing NetBSD drive?  [...]
> I can't use the install floppies, since I don't want to
> loss the data on my NetBSD hard-drive.

You can use the install floppies; simply answer "n" when it asks if you'd
like to install, or hit Ctrl-C any time before it says "this is your last
chance!".  You'll get a shell prompt and all of the basic utilities to
get the job done are there.

Make sure you fsck your partitions, and do *not* specify the -y flag if
you are paranoid.  (I would be.)