Subject: supping and drops in net connection
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J DeBoer <sdeboer@uoguelph.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/1995 11:17:18
I just got the sup package up and running on my system so I happily go
and start the massive download of the whole source tree, no problems.
Now the provider I use kicks me off after an hour and then I have to
reconnect.  Unless I am real dumb what happens to sup in the interim is this:
	o it loses connection, therefore it is no longer receiving files
	o I kill the process
	o I reconnect to my provider, establishing PPP link
	o I restart sup
Here is where the problem is, when I restart it it happily skips those
directories that are finished...BUT it also skipped the directory that
was only partially completed.

Is there an option I am missing?
Am I just being an idiot and it /should/ be behaving better?
Is it REALLY only useful if your connection is stable enough to never go
down in the middle of an update?

	Thanx for any help,
		Simon