Subject: None
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/27/1995 15:20:13
  I have recently started having a few problems.  While compiling as
user root and only root (this includes having used su not simply logging
in as root) these files "tmp.i" and "tmp.s" files get created in /usr/.
The problems this causes are quite severe if multiple invocations of cc1
are executing, reading and writing to the same files at the same time.
The files completely get mangled.  Normally these files have unique
names and are put in /tmp/.

  Yesterday evening I supped all new sources and reinstalled cc, as, all
the include files and library files.  This did not correct the problem.
I do not seem to have an environment variable set that is anywhere
remotely related to this.

  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am baffled.

  Thanks.

---
Kent Vander Velden
graphix@iastate.edu