Subject: Mounting in NetBSD 1.0
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert L. Brown <rbrown@zambia.jpl.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/1995 10:29:59
I'm having a problem trying to mount a filesystem  from a SUNOS 4.1.3_U1
machine to a NetBSD 1.0 machine. If I switch the OS of the machine that
NetBSD is running on to SUNOS 4.1.3_U1 the filesystems mount just fine.

Under NetBSD I setup the /etc/resolv.conf files and DNS seems to work fine.
Then I run the command "mount -t nfs miramar:/export/data /mnt" and the
command runs without generating any errors - at least explicitly.

If I do a "df", the mount appears in the output of the command.
But if I type "cd /mnt" or "ls /mnt" I get "permission denied".

Has anybody else seen this problem before? Can anybody solve it?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Robert