Subject: Re: More SoundBlaster (16)
To: None <willey@hillres142.cc.purdue.edu>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/13/1995 13:48:24
>From: Mark Willey <willey@hillres142.cc.purdue.edu>
>Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 01:29:39 -0500 (EST)

>I think my symptom is the same as the gent who has his sound 'all broken
>up'.

This is an indicator of IRQ/DMA synchronization problems.  The driver
should be using the SB16-specific DMA commands, instead of the
SB/SBPro commands.

>I find software called 'VOXware', NAS, rplay, play, xmmixer, and stuff like
>that, but cannot figure out how to get it to work with my system.

Voxware is an alternative set of audio drivers.  We don't use it.

NAS shouldn't be too hard to build, although I haven't actually done
it.  You should be able to use the Sun server with few modifications.

xmixer was written for NetBSD, so it should build right out of the
box.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));