Subject: Problems with new termcap
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/29/1995 13:58:23
Hi all,

  I got a new version of termcap (the one that comes with FreeBSD 2.0.5)
and installed it on my NetBSD 1.0 box.  After I run cap_mkdb, telnetd
started to core dump when some DOS user open a conection.  Strangely,
other-Unix users didn't have any problems.

  Tracking the source for the problem, I discovered that it was the
termcap database the responsible.  When the telnet source terminal
was vt102, the default for cutcp, telnetd got a SIGSEGV.

  I think all termcap files should be compatible, so this could
be a problem with libtermcap.  Anyone else got this problem ?
Is there a solution ?

  My problem for now has been solved by getting only the terminal
capabilities I needed (cons*), which the original termcap didn't
have.

  TIA,

					Jonny

--