Subject: Re: SCSI Tape trouble - Broke?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
From: jeff wheat <jeff@cetlink.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/28/1995 11:15:57

> Try turning off synchronous scsi in aic.c off.

I turned off synchronous scsi in aic6280.c (I think thats the correct one)
and disabled in on the controller as well... same problems.. Unable to use
my tape drives... This is getting old :(

Does anyone out there use netbsd-current with an adaptec 1522A scsi
controller and an HP 35480 4mm DAT tape device on a pentium system with
ide harddrives? I have tried checking the terminating resistors, the scsi
id's and the usual things to check on the hardware side of things. If so, I
would *greatly* appreciate maybe code changes, and jumper settings on
both the tape drive and the controller! Many many thanks in advance.

-jeff