Subject: Re: wdc0: lost interupt: status 59 error 40
To: <>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@netcom.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/1995 19:32:53
On Tue, 19 Sep 95 14:17:11 -0700  "Eric S. Hvozda" wrote:
> After trying a netbsd-current kernel with WDDEBUG turned on, now I see
> the following only when /usr is mounted.  It usually takes a while for
> it to appear, when it does; it spells certian death (ie the machine
> locks):
>
> wdc0: lost interupt: status 58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 0
> wdc0: lost interupt: status 59<rdy,seekdone,drq,err> error 40<uncorr>
> wdc0: lost interupt: status 59<rdy,seekdone,drq,err> error 40<uncorr>
> wdc0: lost interupt: status 59<rdy,seekdone,drq,err> error 40<uncorr>
> [...]

Neeto!  After more research looks like helios has dropped CYL 783 HD 12
(lost the whole track) or so says some DOS diagnostic tools.  I tried
to badsect the affected area to no avail tho (kept getting 'Device
busy: /dev/wd0e').  Oh well, it's been a year and helios has traveled
alot.  I'll just partition around the track.

My question is why didn't wdc0 report the bad head & cylinder...?