Subject: Routing Help!
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Wheat <cassidy@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/15/1995 07:33:49
Hi,

	I just upgraded from NetBSD 1.0 to current and I am having
problems with routing. I have a server with two ethernet cards, both
on their own subnets and I need to enable routing between the networks.
I have a kernel built with the GATEWAY option and regardless of what I
try, I can not forward packets. Here is a diagram of my network:

	+------- internal class c subnet #1 --+---[workstation]--------+

                                              | (ed0)
	                                    server
                                              | (ed2)

	+---+--- external class c subnet #2 --+------------------------+

         router

     to the internet

	 From the server, I can ping workstations on both networks.
>From a workstation on the Internet, I can ping the server on both it's
internal address and it's external address. However, I can not ping any of
the workstations on the internal network, nor can I reach the internet from
the internal workstations, though I can from the server. Note that before I
upgraded to 1.0A I had no problems with routing at all. Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated! My boss is giving me hell to say the least.

Jeff