Subject: PPP gateway machine
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/08/1995 14:07:22
   Hi folks,

   I have NetBSD 1.0 (no patches or anything) connected to our network
   at work using PPP.  The machine is subnetted out using XXX.XXX.XXX.192 so we
   can have 4 subnets.  I am trying to make it a "gateway" so that my
   other machine at home can get to the net through my PPP machine.  i.e.
   the PPP machine will take packets off of it's local ethernet and pump
   them through the PPP0 device and vice-versa.  How do I do this it is
   driving me crazy.

   I have compiled the kernel with the GATEWAY option but it doesn't help?
   Do I need gated?  And if so where do I get the source and how do I configure
   it.

   All help is appreciated, thanks:

   Brad

--
-| bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com |----------------------------------
|                       Where you come from is gone,                      |